How to Enable Cookies in Internet Explorer 7Tuesday, September 4, 2007 13:25
Maybe you just upgraded to the new Internet Explorer 7 or have been using it for awhile, but have experienced trouble logging into some of your favorite web sites.
Well that could be caused by the new cookies permissions set in Internet Explorer 7.
Learn how to enable cookies and set permissions on your favorite web sites to accept cookies!
Follow these simple steps to enable “Cookies” in Internet Explorer 7 for all web sites.
- Open your browser, and select Internet Options from the Tools menu at the top.
- Now on the option screen select the Privacy tab.
- Make sure the slider is not set to “Block All Cookies”.
The best setting is to set the option to “Medium,” then click Apply and then ok to save the changes.
To set it for just certain web sites do the following
- Open your browser, select Internet Options, from the Tools menu at the top.
- From the option screen Click the Privacy tab.
- Click on the Sites” button for web sites.
- Enter “the web site address that you wish to provide permissions to into the “Address of website:” field.
- Next click on the “Allow” button.
- Click on the OK to close the “Per Site Privacy Options” window.
- Next click on the “Advanced” button.
- If “Override automatic cookie handling” is checked, make sure “Accept” is selected for both “First-party cookies” and “Third-party cookies”.
- Now click on the OK to close the “Advanced Privacy Options” window.
- Finally click on the OK to close the “Internet Options” window.
Now Internet Explorer 7 will remember the permissions set for your favorite websites and accept cookies!Found this post useful? Buy me a coffee.